It was an easy read and she makes you take a self-assessment test in the beginning to see where you might need some help and tells you to jump to those chapters. Interestingly, I scored pretty high in most catagories - guess I am just not one of those nice girls Lois is talking about. Never the less, I forged on to see if I could find some category where I was falling short in and maybe to gain some insight.
I really enjoyed it and now have the 1st book of hers on CD that I will do different this time and listen to: Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office...even though I'm not in a corporate setting...
Some cool things she noted was:
- Money can't buy you happiness and neither can poverty - sounds stupid and straightfoward but true
- Plant Some Seeds - ? What? She says there is no better way to learn patience than to nuture growth from seeds - something I will consider....maybe....
- Women Working at a Salary Less than we are worth - raises never materializing, maybe we don't ask or negotiate well, and trading pay for flexible hours
- Work on your "Sense of Entitlement" - CHECK!
- Women NOT charging for their services - stop it!
- Not succumbing to Sales Pressure - she recommends using a Car Broker for a an automobile purchase - thanks Lois, appreciate the plug :) :)
Anyways, I'm off to plug the cd into my car and hopefully I'll enjoy her previous work.
Have an awesome weekend all..