Tuesday 14 June 2011

GM Camaro Plant Open House Photo Diary Part 1

I signed me and my girlfriend up to go see the Oshawa, Ontario GM Plant Open House because I have been wanting to see what goes on in there since I was born just forever, okay?


The Oshawa employs about 4,500 people and makes the Camaro, Buick Regal, Impala, and the Chevrolet Equinox. It is a 9.07 million square foot plant (imagine what that property is worth? Insane) and it has won several awards for Plant Quality and long-standing commitment to build quality products (hmmm...sounds like a CAW bargaining tool).


We had a lot of fun and the experience was very cool (I mean where else can you see a robotic arm put a windshield on a Buick Regal? Come on now!). Just breath-taking....


Don't take my word for it - check out my Open House Photo Diary:


We just entered - WOW - half-made Camaro's!

Close-up - They're naked! No paint.

Friendly Neighbourhood GM Worker

Is that the trunk lid?

Where is he going? Shouldn't he be working? How much do you get paid again?

Front hood - now here's progress

Checking - Are we good?

Fluorescents! Checking out the problems and defects!

Did you find one?

Ready for the spinn-y thing-y

Swinging...

Spun!

And...around

Line-up of Equinox's ready for another shift

Painted and in a row
Cont'd...

No comments:

Post a Comment