Saturday 26 February 2011

Some Impressions From Toronto Auto Show Part 3


Cont'd..

Walking past Mitsubushi, no "blips" on the Richter sale. That Lancer hatch though, ok, that is nice. 0.5 on the Richter.

Lancer


Mercedes has a pretty large show spot (as usual) but so many people are swarming around. I have some ideas as to why: they scare people away from their showrooms with their snooty hostess' and pretentious salespeople? I doubt it. I think it's just to get a new profile photo on Facebook "Look at my new wheels! Can't afford the payments so I left the car in the showroom but I got this snazzy photo!" I go straight for the S-class. Move over! That car is mine! Oh God: woodtrim, leather...it's just the wrong colour! But I did take my snazzy photo :)

Me in the S-Class


Lexus: There's the infamous IS-F with the signature blue paint colour. I have actually started that engine and driven it. It's just 416 horses of OMG! That engine roars. I got tingly all over and I think I lost blood to my head! What an experience. Anyways, we finally get to see the LFA in the flesh. I still don't understand why Toronto is the last place to get the concept cars. Not fair. How many do you think Lexus will sell of these in Canada? 4? I still have to check out the projected price-tag on that baby.

Lexus LFA Concept - Bling Bling!

Check out the pipes - Yah, that's 3!

Next is Scion. I love the idea of Scion: the whole customization, etc, etc. but no interest in the actual cars. They did have this cute Blue Scion Concept Coupe. I'm all about the blue.

Interior Shot of the Scion Coupe Concept


The 100 levels had the classic cars, like the 1931 Cadillac and the Ford Fairlane. A must see for the classic car lover. I'm just a classic car viewer (I do have the odd favourite though).

1931 Cadi






Aston

Rolls
There were also some Lambos, Maseratis, Bentley, Ferrari's, etc. Oh! and the $795,000 Canadian built HTT Plethore. How many do you think will be sold of those? I think I'd rather buy:

a) 7 Panamera's
b) 2  ZR-1's and 5 Panamera's
c) 1 CTS-V Coupe, 1 regular CTS Coupe, 1 ZR-1, 1 Panamera, 1 Aston Martin,  and hmmm 1 Used Bentley Continental Coupe?

Like a kid spending her lottery win. I'm not there yet, but soon.

Corvette
Check out the rims!

Not a fan of the blacked-out rims

Backside of the Plethore




And, can't forget my favourite: CADILLAC, baby!!! My coupe has finally made it to the AutoShow. I left the show in tears when it didn't show last year. V series and regular CTS coupe and also the V-Wagon. Can you imagine driving a V-Wagon? look out AMG-Wagon here I come!

All about the V!

Tailpipes on the V-Coupe

Tailpipe on the CTS-Coupe



No comments:

Post a Comment