Tuesday 24 May 2011

3rd Place for the Norse God of Thunder

Thor clobbered the box office raking in top spot for two weeks. After this Canadian long weekend, where you should've spent outside because it was so damn nice, it landed in 3rd with 15.5 million dollars in revenue. 







As far as big budget Marvel Comic movies go, it is not a shocker that it isn't bringing in the dough like Iron Man 2 did last year after it's 2nd week (211.2 Million). I'll be honest and tell you I didn't know the story about the Norse Gods but I wasn't impressed much and was hoping (I saw it in 3D) that there were more cool battles scenes (yes, I'm all for the fight scenes and battle gear flying out of the screen). Oh, and yes, Stan Lee made his cameo appearance! I was excited when I found out that the dad was going to be played by Anthony Hopkins and mom, Rene Russo (who still looks awesome I might add) but still not impressed with Chris Hemsworth who played Thor. Natalie Portman played her usual character but she is supposed to be "smarter" in this movie - she's a researcher! One thing I did like though is that S.H.I.E.L.D showed up in the movie, with their fleet of black Acura MDX's I might add....Ah, movie tie-in's, got to love them. 

All in all, good message, somewhat happy ending that leaves it open for a sequel, Natalie Portman kept hitting Thor with her VW and it had Stellan SkarsgĂ„rd. All worth the price of admission. I'm just not sure the price of the 3D admission. 

I will be anticipating the next Marvel Release though - Captain America - unites Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr), Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye - who they introduced in Thor), Mark Ruffalo (the Hulk) and Chris Evans (Captain America)...oh, and Thor :(



No comments:

Post a Comment